Products Transformer | Trafo


Motor Starting Reactors

Motor starting reactors are used for starting large 3 phase motors while limiting inrush currents. Large motors generally use 6 times more current than their nominal current. Normally, they are started with 70% of voltage and the rest of the voltage, that is normally about 30%, is dropped across the motor starting reactor. After 15-20 seconds, the reactor is switched off by contactors in the system.

The advantage of using this motor starting reactors as follows: Perfect mechanical strength to withstand high short-circuit forces; Limited temperature rise enables longer lifetime; Special surface protection against UV and pollution; Maintenance-free design.

 Download Pdf